Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dance Marathon!

So I participated in Dance Marathon last night with a bunch of my ESA sisters and some friends. I can be honest and say I was not looking forward to it, 12 hours standing up=ugh painful! But once it got started I can say that I'm very happy and glad that I participated and proud that I didn't cheat once during the entire thing! (Oh yeah!) The proceeds of the event go towards Riley Hospital and during the event they brought in a few Riley children to come speak. And it was so inspirational to hear their stories of their experiences with Riley hospital. I definitely teared up at a few of them because they were so moving. I added a few pictures, the little boy in the wheelchair his name is Braedon and he has spina bifida he was adorable! He was doing little tricks in his wheelchair all night. The next picture is a girl named Mickey, wow this girl is inspirational. She had three holes in her heart when she was born and then had Leukemia when she was a little bit older. This girl never stopped smiling and performed a dance like 3 times. Through all her hardships she still loved life and that was motivating. It took the pain away from my feet, back and legs and it was definitely wortwhile. It was extremely worthwhile and any person that didn't participate should consider it next year. It was an amazing experience.

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are adorable! My roommate told me the dollar amount that was raised! That's awesome that you participated in something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed those pictures are adorable! It sounds like Dance Marathon is fun! Looks like I should do it next year & its a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really great. I would so do that next year, i loved the pictures and the little inspiration invovled in the way you talked about the marathon. SO AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete