Thursday, January 13, 2011

Saddest story ever!

So I wasn't really sure what to write for this blog, nothing really interesting happened to me since this semester has started that I felt was worth putting on it. But when I was about to get on Facebook this article title stopped me for a second and intrigued me so much that I just had to read it.

The article was about a family was effected by the floods that are happening in Australia. Their white Mercedes was getting flooded and a passerby, Warren McErean, scrambled to the car to try and help them before it was swept away. Jordan Rice, a 13 year old Australian boy who couldn't swim and was absolutely terrified of water begged McErean to save him younger brother and mother first. Doing this a 13 year old boy made the ultimate sacrifice; by the time McErean was able to go back for Jordan and his mother it was too late. The car was swept away by the flood waters and they both died. Jordan Rice is being honored as hero today.

This is just amazing to me. I just couldn't believe that a little boy would be so brave. A sacrifice that most grown men and women wouldn't be able to do a 13 year old boy without hesitation did. A boy who had his whole life ahead of him and gave that all up so his little brother could survive. Even with his brother was on his way to safety he insisted that his mother would go next. And that was the only thing he was worried about. To me that boy is the strongest and bravest person in the world. He made the ultimate sacrifice because his brother's life was more important to him. This article really touched me and I have it linked below in case anyone else wants to read it.
 http://www.comcast.net/news/newswrap/6807128/savemybrotherfirstboy13sacrificeslifeinaustralianflood/

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's so sad. Not many people are that self-less to want to save their families and risk dying for them. What a wonderful kid.

    ReplyDelete