Sunday, January 30, 2011
Second Harvest Food Bank
So yesterday I got up at 7:50 ON A SATURDAY MORNING (difficult, very difficult) with the help of some Starbucks and went with a bunch of my sisters from ESA to the Second Harvest Food Bank. The Second Food Bank takes donations from stores so people who can't afford it can feed there families When we got there we went into this huge warehouse that was about 50 degrees, which is warmer than outside but still not warm. We broke into teams, carrots, oranges and sweet potatoes and sorted through all of them and bagged them for families to take. While yes that doesnt sound like a fun thing to be doing on a Saturday morning, it was a lot of fun and a good experience and I'm very happy that I went :) It feels good knowing that even though I didnt get to sleep in, it's worth it knowing that i helped others. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment